If you're looking for a career in a company that's evolving, has a great culture and amazing opportunities within the mortgage industry, Advisors Mortgage Group is the clear choice. As part of the Advisors Family you'll work with motivated team members who have pride in - and passion for - what they do. Guided by our core values, we remain steadfast to our commitment to career growth and development for all levels of team members so they may navigate their own future and grow with the company. Advisors will help you reach your professional and personal goals every day while making a meaningful contribution. Experience for yourself The Advisors Mortgage Group Difference!
Advisors Mortgage Group is looking for high-level Mortgage Underwriters & Mortgage Processors with extensive experience in the industry to join our team. Here at Advisors Mortgage Group we are constantly on the lookout for imaginative people who are passionate about creating great experiences for our team members and have fun doing it! Join a well-established company who prides itself in maintaining a family atmosphere for their employees. At Advisors, you are not just an employee you are part of the family. (Please note, you must have current Mortgage Underwriting OR Mortgage Processing experience in order to qualify for the role)
Protects mortgage investments by evaluating loan risk; rejecting and ranking risk.
- Some of the duties include, but are not limited to:
- Thoroughly review and analyze a processed mortgage file to assure it meets agency, investor, and/or secondary market requirements.
- Must possess the ability to underwrite various loans, including but not limited to: Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, and Jumbo loan programs, with minimal supervision.
- Extensive knowledge is required in appraisal review, condo review, credit, asset, and income calculation, including analyzation of tax returns.
- Keep current with constantly changing guidelines and compliance issues.
- Be able to communicate respectfully and professionally with branches and other personnel, including closing, post-closing and quality assurance.
- Multi-tasking skills are a must, as it is often necessary to switch back and forth between files in order to meet deadlines.
- Maturity and open mindedness is required in addition to program guideline knowledge, as it is sometimes necessary to think outside the box in order to form a reasonable decision on a loan, or to accept additional input and differing opinions from other personnel such as processors, loan officers, and managers.
- A positive demeanor and dedication to excellence is a must to be considered for this position.
- Senior Underwriter reports to the Underwriting Manager
Fannie Mae DO/DU, Freddie Mac LP, USDA GUS Automated Underwriting Systems, Microsoft Office Suite, Decision Making, Audit, Job Knowledge, Verbal Communication, Written Communication, Statistical Analysis, Integrity